Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day Two! This is why we can't have nice things...

Go me, this is like two whole days before I forgot!
No formatting or pictures etc as I'm on a phone app.
Today has been an awesome day actually,  lots of positive happy moments.   I think the highlight was probably shooting arrows with Astra.

She's been bullied into LARP.  I can't mock too much as I caved on that subject last year but still... Anyway,  she's going armed with a bow therefore weapons practice was necessary!
All was going well, I was hitting (I have no clue how... uh I mean obviously) and she was missing the target.  Then we decided enough with these poncey larp arrows,  let's use real ones!

Turns out I am used to shooting poncey larp arrows.  Real ones fly further...  I heard it go into the tree but not land.  I hunted.  Stray hunted.  I hunted some more.  Just as I'd decided that all was lost and I was buying more arrows, I remembered that I have wasted far too much of my life lately playing Hidden Shadows on Facebook.   I'm trained in finding random crap in trees dammit!  And lo, the arrow was found.  Some branches shaken later and it was back where it belonged!

P.S.  Oh... I also broke her bow string

P.P.S  I don't think I'm going to be allowed to play again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I like that quiver and bow quiver-thing, you know, if I had a bow with a string :p

    ReplyDelete